- Soak kelp in 1½ cups of filtered water for at least 30 minutes, to make kelp water. (Note: Leftover kelp water can be kept in the fridge to use in replacement of vegetable or chicken stock)
- Heat up a pot over medium-low heat, add coconut oil. Once oil is hot, turn down to low and add curry powder to bloom, stir for 5-10 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add drained mackerel and gently break apart with spatula, stir-fry for a minute or two.
- Drain kelp and add kelp water to mackerel mixture and let it come to a boil.
- Add tofu and let simmer for 5 minutes. Don’t over stir.
- Add coconut cream and gently fold in, once combined, turn off heat.
- Plate soup and add sauerkraut.
- Garnish with black pepper and herbs, if using.
- Mix in sauerkraut when eating.
- Cook Time10 mins
- Prep Time-
2g pc dried kelp
2 Tbsp organic coconut oil
2 ½ tsp curry powder, classic or spicy (from Regency Spices)
2 ¾ cans of sustainably caught Mackerel, drained
5 oz organic silken tofu, cut into bite-sized cubes
½ cup coconut cream
½ cup sauerkraut
dash of black pepper
fresh herb to garnish, if desired