- Defrost and rinse chicken livers, drain, pat dry well. Cut into small pieces, each liver cuts into about 6 pieces.
- Marinade with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside for 10 mins.
- In the meantime, cut chilies into 1cm pieces. Set aside.
- Cut walnuts in half, if they are whole, and set aside.
- Heat up a pan on high heat and add 1 Tbsp of oil, when it is very hot, add livers creating a single layer, sear until the outside is browned and crisped, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same hot pan, add remaining oil, add chilies and walnuts, stir-fry until fragrant.
- Then add garlic, ginger, bell peppers, monk fruit sweetener and stir-fry until garlic begins to crisp.
- Carefully add shao xing wine to deglaze, add seared livers into the pan, add tamari and in swift action, stir-fry everything until the alcohol is burnt off and livers are completely cooked through.
- Plate and serve.
- Cook Time5 mins
- Prep Time20 mins
250g no added-hormone and pasture-raised chicken livers (source: https://gonzalo.hk/collections/chicken/products/livers)
¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
2 Tbsp avocado oil
⅓ cup green bell pepper, rinsed and small diced
20g dried red chilies, rinsed
¼ cup activated walnuts, halved
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, minced
1/2 tsp monk fruit sweetener
1 ½ tsp shao xing cooking wine
1 tsp tamari